Glowing Apple logo mod for your iPhone?
iPhones.ru posted a video (with dialogue in Russian, I think) showing a first-generation iPhone that's been modified to light up the Apple logo on the back of the device when it's turned on.
Sadly, it doesn't show how exactly the modification was made, though I conjecture it uses light from the main display somehow, perhaps with optical fiber. Maybe the presenter is discussing it, but I don't speak Russian, so it's hard to say.
It looks pretty cool. I'm old enough to remember when people were doing this to their PowerBooks, so who knows? This might just be a built-in feature of some future iPhone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter