Dropbox now in public beta
Dropbox, my favorite FTP-free file sharing and transfer system, is now in public beta -- anyone can sign up to use the service, and you don't need an invite code.
I wrote about Dropbox in May, and it's still a regular part of my file transfer strategy with my clients. It's easy and fast, which makes it perfect for clients who don't want to spend a lot of time sending me files (or downloading them, for that matter).
If you need more than the free 2GB of storage, 50GB will be available next week for $10 monthly (or $100 annually).
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter