BGR: Walmart to carry iPhone 3G for Black Friday
The Boy Genius Report claims that they received a report saying Walmart may become the second independent retailer in the U.S. to carry the iPhone.
The big box retailer is expected to begin selling the iPhone about two weeks before Black Friday, on November 15. Walmart already carries a range of cases and accessories for iPhones, and sells a variety of iPods.
Radio Shack was also rumored to carry the handset, but its unclear if negotiations stalled, or the news about Walmart is just stealing its thunder, as BGR speculates.
Best Buy already carries the iPhone 3G, which you must activate before leaving the store. It stands to reason that Walmart will employ a similar process.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs