Classics brings a different approach to reading on the iPhone
A new application coming soon to an iPhone near you hopes to bring a new experience for reading e-books. Classics.app, which is being developed by Andrew Kazmierski and Phillip Ryu, will allow its users to read classic works of literature ... right on their iPhones!
Classics will feature public domain ebooks like Alice in Wonderland, Robinson Crusoe, Gulliver's Travels, and Paradise Lost. Best part of the application? The developers will be offering free updates to owners. With future updates will come a new collection of books. Classics should leave many iPhone owners flipping the virtual pages of books (just remember to charge your iPhone regularly).
Classics will be available soon on the App Store for an introductory price of $2.99. Until it is released, you can watch a short demo movie on their website, and sign up for updates.
For some insight into how Classics was made, check out the designer's blog.
Thanks for the info, Phil!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter