Freeverse goes Flick Fishing
Freeverse has followed up Flick Bowling with the second game in the line of Flick Sports games: Flick Fishing. Truth be told, I'm more excited about this one -- the motion controls of the fishing rod and reel seem like they'd work well on the iPhone, and with "dozens of species of fish to catch," seems like this could keep me busy for a while. You can even play multiplayer over a local network, and you can apparently email big catches to friends. The game's in the App Store right now for the low low price of 99 cents -- looks like a good outing.
Freeverse is also holding a giveaway to celebrate the launch. Personally, I'd just like a copy of the game, but no -- apparently they're giving away a few Coleman Fish Pens (don't click that link if you don't want autoplay video, but it's so funny I had to link it anyway), which are pen-sized objects that expand out into working fishing poles. We have no idea, but if that's what you want, go put your email in on their page to enter.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client