Rumor: Quad-core iMacs
It's not even December, yet Macworld rumors are starting to fly. Digital Times is reporting that Apple is among the vendors ready to use Intel's new 65W low-power desktop CPUs, specifically designed for all-in-one computers. The lower heat output makes these great little chips for the iMac.
Additionally, these chips would come with a faster bus, and even run a bit cheaper than the dual core chips Apple is currently using - the 2.33GHz, 2.66GHz and 2.83GHz chips cost $245, $320 and $369, respectively, according to Digital Times.
The iMac has been the star of many Macworld keynote speeches, and we expect the same this year. See you in January!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app