Apple: Over 300 million iPhone apps downloaded
Apple confirmed yesterday that over 300 million iPhone apps have been downloaded from the App Store, and also that the total number of available apps now tops 10,000. Rather than send out a press release, Apple chose to take out a pair of newspaper ads yesterday, one in the New York Times, the other in the Wall Street Journal.
This new milestone comes less than five months after the debut of the App Store on July 11, 2008, and less than two months after the October 21 announcement on the Q4 earnings call that 200 million apps had been downloaded. If this trend continues, we'll likely see app downloads reaching the 400 million mark by the time Steve takes the stage for the keynote at Macworld Expo.
It's time for a TUAW poll! When do you think Apple can hang out that "over 1 billion apps sold" sign?
|January 6, 2009||222 (6.8%)|
|June 9, 2009||1070 (33.0%)|
|July 11, 2009||633 (19.5%)|
|August 15, 2009||413 (12.7%)|
|September 22, 2009||304 (9.4%)|
|October 20, 2009||410 (12.6%)|
Apple confirmed yesterday that over 300 million iPhone apps have been downloaded from the App Store, and also that the total number of...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements