iPhone mail all over the place
I love my iPhone, as much as the next guy (maybe more). I'm also hip to all the things people wish it had, like cut and paste, MMS -- you know the list.
I have to say, though, that the one thing I really miss is a unified mailbox. This doesn't mean much to people who have only one email account, but my guess is most people are juggling more than one. If that's the case, you're probably in a world (or a bag) of hurt. Unlike the Mac Mail client, or most others for that matter, you have to do an awful lot of finger tapping to navigate those distinct inboxes. If I saved those taps up, I could probably play a short piano sonata.
It must be especially painful for Blackberry users who have moved over to the iPhone ... but there is plenty of pain to go around, and getting email read on the iPhone is a needless hassle.
I'll bet the guys at Apple have multiple mail accounts too, so what were they thinking when they set things up this way? I could understand the early versions of iPhone software having these issues, but we're a year and 5 months out from the original iPhone release and this issue is still lurking.
What say our readers?
|Not really||1629 (24.2%)|
|Will never use it||759 (11.3%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync