A late Christmas gift for Vermont: iPhone arrives in mid-January
Dave Caolo reported back in August that after a proposed Verizon/Unicel merger, AT&T would be awarded overlapping service areas in Vermont to prevent a monopoly in the state. However, in the months since then, things have changed around. On Monday, WCAX reported that AT&T has signed a deal to acquire Unicel.
The result? The iPhone officially comes to Vermont starting in mid-January. And it's not the only thing coming to the state. The deal will also create 75 new jobs.
Want to follow the ongoing saga of the iPhone's long trek to Vermont? The iPhone Vermont blog has done a fantastic job in keeping folks abreast of the changes in wireless service for the state.
Thanks for the tip, B. Marriner!
Dave Caolo reported back in August that after a proposed Verizon/Unicel merger, AT&T would be awarded overlapping service areas in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free