A late Christmas gift for Vermont: iPhone arrives in mid-January
Dave Caolo reported back in August that after a proposed Verizon/Unicel merger, AT&T would be awarded overlapping service areas in Vermont to prevent a monopoly in the state. However, in the months since then, things have changed around. On Monday, WCAX reported that AT&T has signed a deal to acquire Unicel.
The result? The iPhone officially comes to Vermont starting in mid-January. And it's not the only thing coming to the state. The deal will also create 75 new jobs.
Want to follow the ongoing saga of the iPhone's long trek to Vermont? The iPhone Vermont blog has done a fantastic job in keeping folks abreast of the changes in wireless service for the state.
Thanks for the tip, B. Marriner!
Dave Caolo reported back in August that after a proposed Verizon/Unicel merger, AT&T would be awarded overlapping service areas in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs