A late Christmas gift for Vermont: iPhone arrives in mid-January
Dave Caolo reported back in August that after a proposed Verizon/Unicel merger, AT&T would be awarded overlapping service areas in Vermont to prevent a monopoly in the state. However, in the months since then, things have changed around. On Monday, WCAX reported that AT&T has signed a deal to acquire Unicel.
The result? The iPhone officially comes to Vermont starting in mid-January. And it's not the only thing coming to the state. The deal will also create 75 new jobs.
Want to follow the ongoing saga of the iPhone's long trek to Vermont? The iPhone Vermont blog has done a fantastic job in keeping folks abreast of the changes in wireless service for the state.
Thanks for the tip, B. Marriner!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)