SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone / SlingPlayer for Mac HD
Our sister site Engadget is reporting that Sling Media, maker of the Slingbox, is going to be demonstrating SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone at Macworld Expo 2009 this week.
Sling had produced a proof-of-concept back in June of 2008. Now the word is that the app will be submitted to the powers-that-be at Apple for certification and acceptance into the App Store sometime before the end of March, 2009.
If you're not quite that into watching your Slingbox streams on an iPhone, Sling Media is also demoing a prototype of SlingPlayer for Mac HD. This application enables Slingbox PRO-HD owners to zap HD streams to their Macs. This Mac app is expected to be available free of charge, while pricing for the iPhone app has not yet been determined.
Stay tuned for our continuing coverage of Macworld Expo 2009, where you'll find news, photos, and video of the flood of announcements coming out of Moscone Center.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter