Sirius-XM to begin iPhone streaming this spring
CEO Mel Kamarzin said "by streaming its music, sports and talk channels to users of the iPhone and iPod Touch, Sirius can give its existing subscribers another way to access content and let new customers sign up without buying new radios"
The announcement today makes it clear what happened to the much awaited StarPlayr application that was about to be released and then was killed by the developers, likely on advice from Sirius/XM that the player would not be allowed.
Sirius now has 19 million subscribers, which is 10 percent higher than a year ago. Nevertheless, Sirius took a 4th quarter loss of $245.5 million dollars.
Sirius almost went bankrupt, until Liberty Media bailed them out last month with a $530 million investment.
Thanks to Justin and others who tipped us to this story
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync