Win a copy of iPhone In Action and start making iPhone apps
Last month I reviewed iPhone in Action for our TUAW Bookshelf series. Since then iPhone OS 3.0 has been unveiled, and developers have access, but the basics haven't changed. iPhone in Action covers more than the SDK, with the first half of the book dedicated to creating iPhone-tuned websites and web apps. We're giving away two fresh copies of the book this week, and all you have to do is tell us what category of app you'd create: Books, Business, Education, Entertainment, Finance, Games, Healthcare & Fitness, Lifestyle, Medical, Music, Navigation, News, Photography, Productivity, Reference, Social Networking, Sports, Travel, Utilities or Weather.
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter leave a comment telling us what category of iPhone app you'd like to make.
- The comment must be left before March 27, 11:59PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prize: one copy of iPhone in Action printed book ($39.99).
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter