Found Footage: Captain iPod T. Shuffle takes on Kindle Noonien Singh
When it comes to screen pathos, nobody does it better than Shatner and Montelban in the classic confrontation Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan. Now the twisted minds at the SciFi Network's Dvice blog have taken a wonderful cinematic moment, full of overwrought line readings, and handed it over to the voice-synthesis capabilities of the Amazon Kindle 2 and the iPod shuffle via Talking Gadget Theater. "Buried alive... buried alive..."
This isn't the first screen collaboration for the two gadgets; they also did a rendition of the interrogation scene from Blade Runner -- clip in the 2nd half of this post.
Now, if we can get the iPod shuffle to convincingly say "I'd like to thank the members of the Academy," we'll be on to something.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app