Remote media sharing tool Simplify Media updated
Simplify has also added a version 2.0 for the iPhone. The original app will continue to work fine, and it's free. The new version, Simplify Music 2.0 [App Store link], is $2.99US and adds the ability to search your music library from afar, tag tracks as favorites, create on-the-fly playlists and a 'scrub bar' so you have more playback control in podcasts and audio books.
I had no issues with the install on my desktop Mac, but the software irritatingly and without warning put a new share in iTunes called 'Simplify Demo' with an album by Brad Turcotte. I could have lived without it, and can't figure out how to send it back to the netherworld from which it came.
Update: I wasn't the only person ticked off about the demo share the software installed. Check the comments at the bottom of this page on the Simplify Media site. What were these guys thinking? What a creative way to ruin a good reputation. Also, a couple of our readers correctly point out that version one of the iPhone app was free, but is now $3.99.
A further update: Paul Joyce of Simplify Media tells me they will release a new build with an 'off' switch to get rid of the demo share. Good move. It's nice to see a company acknowledge a mistake and move quickly to fix it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync