Some reports of iTunes issues while upgrading to 3.0
A bit late to the party, I started the process of updating my iPhone at 3:00 PM Eastern. iTunes downloaded the update without a problem, but the install process was halted with the error message:
"The iPhone [your iPhone] cannot be updated at this time because the iPhone activation server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
From there I've got two options: OK, which simply closes the dialog box, and More Information, which points a browser to a Knowledge Base article on iPhone activation issues. Mike also noted the appearance of an error -4 dialog earlier.
It looks to us like Apple's servers are getting slammed hard. A bit of patience ought to do the trick; you might also benefit from restarting both iTunes and your iPhone. Still, the whole thing makes me feel like Veruca Salt: "But I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!"
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter