Apple distributes 1.5B apps in App Store's first year
Apple announced today in a short press release that it had
sold distributed 1.5 billion iPhone and iPod touch applications during the App Store's first year of existence.
Despite the slow economy, App Store
sales downloads appear to have accelerated since last year, showing a fairly positive polynomial trend. Apple is selling offering (via a packet-switched network) apps roughly five times faster than it did when the store opened.
The App Store now features 65,000 apps available to users in 77 countries. The iPhone Developer Program includes 100,000 members, too.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app