iDisk for iPhone release hinted at via phantom tech note
We've been waiting and waiting for the official iDisk app for iPhone 3.0 devices -- since WWDC, in fact, when the capability for the Apple-branded file sharing solution was first announced. Now there are hints that the app may actually be on the way. Yesterday, the tech note above briefly appeared on Apple's technical support site before disappearing again into 404-land (full-size screenshot here).
Sure, the note doesn't say much about the functionality or options for the iDisk app... actually, it doesn't say anything at all besides the fact that deleting the as-yet-unreleased app would also delete the data associated with the app (and the note manages to use the wrong "its" in the process). Even so, the appearance of support content for the iDisk app does suggest that the app itself cannot be too far behind.
In the meantime, if you're looking for a handy way to access iDisk and other remote files from your phone, the $4.99 Readdle Docs app was recently enhanced to allow email forwarding of attachments directly to the company's storage solution. Check it out.
Thanks to Kevin for sending in the tip.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time