iDisk for iPhone release hinted at via phantom tech note
We've been waiting and waiting for the official iDisk app for iPhone 3.0 devices -- since WWDC, in fact, when the capability for the Apple-branded file sharing solution was first announced. Now there are hints that the app may actually be on the way. Yesterday, the tech note above briefly appeared on Apple's technical support site before disappearing again into 404-land (full-size screenshot here).
Sure, the note doesn't say much about the functionality or options for the iDisk app... actually, it doesn't say anything at all besides the fact that deleting the as-yet-unreleased app would also delete the data associated with the app (and the note manages to use the wrong "its" in the process). Even so, the appearance of support content for the iDisk app does suggest that the app itself cannot be too far behind.
In the meantime, if you're looking for a handy way to access iDisk and other remote files from your phone, the $4.99 Readdle Docs app was recently enhanced to allow email forwarding of attachments directly to the company's storage solution. Check it out.
Thanks to Kevin for sending in the tip.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync