TomTom for iPhone pricing leaked
TomTom's co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans Pauwels first demonstrated his company's turn-by-turn solution for the iPhone at WWDC in June of '09. You can watch a teaser video above. Since then, many customers have anticipated this app's release and pricing.
Handtec may have let the cat out of the bag. Daniweb linked to a page listing "TomTom for iPhone including mount" for £113.85 ($193.89US as of this writing) via preorder. That's a bit steeper that we were expecting here at TUAW, but not astronomical. TomTom's stand-alone units range in price from $119 to nearly $400. I hope to use my 3GS as a turn-by-turn device and avoid adding one more "thing" from the car.
How about you? Are you interested in an iPhone-based solution or do you want a stand-alone?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates