Try out Clipstart, win an iPhone
Clipstart, a handy little Mac app for cataloging your small video clips and sending them to Flickr and Vimeo, has been out for a little while now. If you own an iPhone, Flip video camera or any device which has left you with an accumulation of video clips, it's worth a look. It's something like iTunes or iPhoto, but for video clips.
Clipstart can import your videos, tag and search them, and trim, convert and upload them to your preferred video service(s). Currently, Clipstart works with Flickr and Vimeo, but more services are planned, and the author, Manton Reece of Wii Transfer fame, is looking for feedback on which services are in highest demand. If Clipstart would be useful to you if only it worked with [insert video service], be sure to drop him a line.
While you're trying out Clipstart, take a look under the help menu. You'll find an option to enter the "iPhone Contest," which is exactly what it sounds like: enter to win an iPhone (in the form of a $199US Apple iPhone Gift Card, which can also be used for other things), as well as 1-year Flickr Pro and Vimeo Plus accounts.
The contest ends on August 15th and all you need to do is enter an email address. So give Clipstart a shot (free demo available), and you might come out with a great new app and a new iPhone. Clipstart is $29US for a single user, but no purchase is necessary to win the contest.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free