WidgetPad: web development for iPhone apps
WidgetPad allows web developers to create iPhone applications using only their knowledge in web-based code. The software allows you to write your applications using web-based code and then transfer them to standalone apps for the iPhone or iPod touch.
We're being told that the iPhone is only the beginning; the software will eventually translate to other smart phone platforms so that developers can quickly and easily export their applications for other app stores without re-writing the code. Here are some quick highlights:
- Create web-based applications that utilize each phone's hardware capabilities.
- The environment includes and helps you learn HTML 5.
- It's all open source. If you want another feature, you can help the development team create it.
- Each application is written within the software and can be publish directly to the iPhone (more platforms soon).
- No additional software - all of the work is done directly from your browser.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free