MobileMe mail offline for 'some users'... again
What is there to say about it, really? The cloud that thinks different appears to be unresponsive on webmail and POP/IMAP connections for some unknown fraction of the userbase, and it's been having issues since the morning hours today. Mel noted a long slow period yesterday, and also spotted some downtime about three weeks ago. As of 2:30 pm ET, it looks like mail is beginning to flow again for POP users, although IMAP and webmail are still shaking off the jitters.
While monitoring services like Netcraft don't help to track MobileMe email uptime (since the website keeps responding even though mail isn't flowing), it's hard to shake the sense that this $99/year service is costing us more in aggravation than is strictly necessary.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype