It's about time: TomTom submits updated nav app to Apple
- Advanced lane guidance giving drivers extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions. For the first time this is in both landscape and portrait mode.
- Text-to-speech helping motorists to keep their eyes on the road by enabling street names and places to be read aloud as part of the spoken instructions.
- "Help Me" providing direct access to emergency numbers and directions to the nearest emergency providers.
- Updated map and safety camera database (Europe only)
- Customizable audio warnings when approaching safety cameras or driving over the speed limit, increasing driver safety and saving money.
- iPod player control ensuring drivers can conveniently control their music from within the application.
The joker in this particular deck is still the free Google Navigation app, which is trying to get onto the iPhone and will have a gaggle of features no one else is offering.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync