Is your iPhone your wingman for Black Friday?
Happy Turkey Hangover Day -- or, as it's otherwise known, shopping chaos day 2009. As Mike S. noted earlier, Business Week is calling this season "mobile shopping's first Christmas," and indeed there are plenty of shopper-assist apps in the App Store to help you plot, plan and navigate your gift-grabbing course:
- Apple's collection of essential Black Friday apps
- The full suite of apps in the store tagged 'Black Friday'
- ReadWriteWeb's shopper hints and app list
- CNET's list of Black Friday apps
- The BF app from our deal partners at dealnews [iTunes link]
- The $2.99 MallMaps [iTunes link], which has been featured in scores of breathless news reports and is now the #1 reference app in the US store
What we'd like to know is this: Did any of this advanced technology improve your experience out in the field today? Did you use Twitter to share bargains or Loopt to track your buddies down? Did MMS give you the power to send pictures of presents to your spouse, or did RedLaser [iTunes link] help you find a better price at the next destination? Give us the scoop in the comments below; we'll highlight the most intriguing shopping stories in future posts.
Photo via Flickr / plain_jane53177 http://www.flickr.com/photos/10558398@N02/ / CC BY-ND 2.0
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update