Found Footage: Koreans enthusiastically welcome iPhone
Apple has begun introducing the iPhone to Asia with varying results. After a slow launch in China, the iPhone and App Store are now doing well, despite the lack of Wi-Fi and an active black market. In Korea, however, enthusiastic customers are snapping them up.
Some customers lined up as much as 26 hours in advance, and were rewarded with balloons and a live band once sales began. According to CNNMoney, carrier KT Corp. received approximately 65,000 pre-orders. In addition, Korea Times reports that Korea's competivively priced iPhone -- KT Corp.is selling the 32 GB iPhone 3GS for $317US* with a $38 per month two-year contract and giving away free with a $112/mos. contract -- has prompted Samsung and LG to lower prices on some of their popular models. Let the price wars begin.
Above is a television ad currently running in Korea. For footage of the enthusiastic crowd, click below.
*US prices are accurate as of this writing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free