Found Footage: Koreans enthusiastically welcome iPhone
Apple has begun introducing the iPhone to Asia with varying results. After a slow launch in China, the iPhone and App Store are now doing well, despite the lack of Wi-Fi and an active black market. In Korea, however, enthusiastic customers are snapping them up.
Some customers lined up as much as 26 hours in advance, and were rewarded with balloons and a live band once sales began. According to CNNMoney, carrier KT Corp. received approximately 65,000 pre-orders. In addition, Korea Times reports that Korea's competivively priced iPhone -- KT Corp.is selling the 32 GB iPhone 3GS for $317US* with a $38 per month two-year contract and giving away free with a $112/mos. contract -- has prompted Samsung and LG to lower prices on some of their popular models. Let the price wars begin.
Above is a television ad currently running in Korea. For footage of the enthusiastic crowd, click below.
*US prices are accurate as of this writing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)