Apple releases firmware update addressing 27" iMac screen issues
We hope this will provide holiday relief for many iMac owners: Apple just released a firmware update for the graphics chipsets in 27" iMac models, intended to fix display issues. Apple states this download
Updates the graphics firmware on ATI Radeon HD 4670 and 4850 graphics cards to address issues that may cause image corruption or display flickering.
This update is only needed for the 27" iMac models introduced in October.
This should hopefully fix the issues that many are facing with their new iMacs, including our own Josh Carr, who's had display issues with his 27" iMac. We'll let you know if this update fixes these issues for him.
This update is available through Software Update, or from Apple's Support Downloads page.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options