Rumor: Apple event in January, possible 10" tablet demoing iPhone apps
There's a flurry of rumors this morning that Apple is planning an event as soon as this January, though exactly what they'll be showing us is still in question. Most of the buzz (along with our buddy Gene Munster) says we will finally see the long-awaited tablet, and that after a January showing, it might actually be released as soon as March. Which means, of course, that by August, it'll completely revolutionize whatever industry it happens to fall into. That's usually how these things work.
While a tablet is still only being bounced around, it's possible that a bigger screen is involved in some way, whether that be in a netbook style computer or something else. A few developers have reportedly been asked to ready their apps for a "full screen" resolution, which would seem to suggest that even if the new device is larger than an iPhone, it'll still run apps off the App Store.
And we've even got a size for the screen: 7" has been the rumor, but now you can add three more inches to the diagonal, as a few sources are saying 10" will be the standard. Of course, all of this is hearsay and speculation so far, including the fact that we'll have an event at all. But 2010 has long been expected to finally be the year of the tablet, so why wait? We're looking forward to it.
(Picture by Adam Benton for MacFormat magazine)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update