CNBC to air 'Planet of the Apps' on January 7
CNBC's "Planet of the Apps: A Handheld Revolution!" will premiere on Thursday, January 7th at 10PM, and repeats at 1AM. No comment on the cleverness of the show's title, or lack thereof.Apps are everywhere. In less than two years, the app craze has taken over. These small applications – or apps – that fit on our mobile phone do everything from helping us accomplish mundane tasks to keeping us entertained while we wait for the bus.
Apps are popular and profitable. Studies estimate, the Apple iPhone apps store alone generates about $200 million a month in sales. Innovative and often addictive apps are changing the way we work and live.
Welcome to Planet of the Apps: A Handheld Revolution. In this hour we'll look at how apps have changed our lives, meet some of the creators behind them, and figure out just how big a business they really are.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app