Rumor: iPhone 3GS coming in 8GB size?
This morning's report from Electronista suggests that we may be seeing a slimmed-down capacity on the iPhone 3GS soon, taking over from the 8GB spot currently maintained by the $99 iPhone 3G holdover. A refurb buyer in Hamburg, Germany got a mixed-message box that contained the promised 3G phone but said "iPhone 3GS v2.2, 8GB." on the product label.
Packaging mix-up, or hint of things to come? Rumors were circulating of the 8GB 3GS back in early November, but didn't materialize. It may be another case of a stealth storage bump, which is exactly what happened back in 2008 with the 16GB units... so we'll keep an eye on those refurb pages and an ear to the ground.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter