Rumor: iPhone 3GS coming in 8GB size?
This morning's report from Electronista suggests that we may be seeing a slimmed-down capacity on the iPhone 3GS soon, taking over from the 8GB spot currently maintained by the $99 iPhone 3G holdover. A refurb buyer in Hamburg, Germany got a mixed-message box that contained the promised 3G phone but said "iPhone 3GS v2.2, 8GB." on the product label.
Packaging mix-up, or hint of things to come? Rumors were circulating of the 8GB 3GS back in early November, but didn't materialize. It may be another case of a stealth storage bump, which is exactly what happened back in 2008 with the 16GB units... so we'll keep an eye on those refurb pages and an ear to the ground.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client