Rumor: iPhone 3GS coming in 8GB size?
This morning's report from Electronista suggests that we may be seeing a slimmed-down capacity on the iPhone 3GS soon, taking over from the 8GB spot currently maintained by the $99 iPhone 3G holdover. A refurb buyer in Hamburg, Germany got a mixed-message box that contained the promised 3G phone but said "iPhone 3GS v2.2, 8GB." on the product label.
Packaging mix-up, or hint of things to come? Rumors were circulating of the 8GB 3GS back in early November, but didn't materialize. It may be another case of a stealth storage bump, which is exactly what happened back in 2008 with the 16GB units... so we'll keep an eye on those refurb pages and an ear to the ground.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free