Fox News backs up "big" Apple event rumors for January, cites "mobility space"
Shortly after Google China's former head posted what appear to be insider details about the upcoming Apple tablet, Clayton Morris at Fox News has confirmed the Apple January event will be "big" and focus on the "mobility space." Fox's story follows up on the original Financial Times report that Apple is hosting an event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco on Tuesday, January 26th. Morris reports:
What will Apple announce that day? Only Steve and the team at Apple know for certain, but I can bet you that it's not just going to be an 8GB iPhone 3GS. Here's hoping it will be the Apple tablet, whether it's called the iSlate, Magic Slate, or iGuide. Personally, my money is on the iSlate running the iGuide OS/app.I've spoken to a source inside Apple who confirmed a "big" event for January.
While nothing official has been handed down from the notoriously tight-lipped company, my source took the Financial Times report one step further by saying this event will focus on the mobility space, meaning we'll see something related to the iPhone/iPod touch product line.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements