Fox News backs up "big" Apple event rumors for January, cites "mobility space"
Shortly after Google China's former head posted what appear to be insider details about the upcoming Apple tablet, Clayton Morris at Fox News has confirmed the Apple January event will be "big" and focus on the "mobility space." Fox's story follows up on the original Financial Times report that Apple is hosting an event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco on Tuesday, January 26th. Morris reports:
What will Apple announce that day? Only Steve and the team at Apple know for certain, but I can bet you that it's not just going to be an 8GB iPhone 3GS. Here's hoping it will be the Apple tablet, whether it's called the iSlate, Magic Slate, or iGuide. Personally, my money is on the iSlate running the iGuide OS/app.I've spoken to a source inside Apple who confirmed a "big" event for January.
While nothing official has been handed down from the notoriously tight-lipped company, my source took the Financial Times report one step further by saying this event will focus on the mobility space, meaning we'll see something related to the iPhone/iPod touch product line.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter