Fox News backs up "big" Apple event rumors for January, cites "mobility space"
Shortly after Google China's former head posted what appear to be insider details about the upcoming Apple tablet, Clayton Morris at Fox News has confirmed the Apple January event will be "big" and focus on the "mobility space." Fox's story follows up on the original Financial Times report that Apple is hosting an event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco on Tuesday, January 26th. Morris reports:
What will Apple announce that day? Only Steve and the team at Apple know for certain, but I can bet you that it's not just going to be an 8GB iPhone 3GS. Here's hoping it will be the Apple tablet, whether it's called the iSlate, Magic Slate, or iGuide. Personally, my money is on the iSlate running the iGuide OS/app.I've spoken to a source inside Apple who confirmed a "big" event for January.
While nothing official has been handed down from the notoriously tight-lipped company, my source took the Financial Times report one step further by saying this event will focus on the mobility space, meaning we'll see something related to the iPhone/iPod touch product line.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync