Congrats Palm: you've finally hit 1% of the App Store's total.
On September 27, 2005 Jon Rubinstein, Palm CEO and former Apple Vice President of the iPod Division, said Apple would be silly to get into the mobile handset marketplace:
We all know what's happened since – Apple dominates the smartphone market while Palm struggles. But you gotta give them something, don't you? So Palm, congratulations on finally crossing the thousand-app barrier. Give us a ring in 2024 when you pass the 25,000 app mark.Is there a toaster that also knows how to brew coffee? There is no such combined device, because it would not make anything better than an individual toaster or coffee machine. It works the same way with the iPod, the digital camera or mobile phone: it is important to have specialized devices.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options