Congrats Palm: you've finally hit 1% of the App Store's total.
On September 27, 2005 Jon Rubinstein, Palm CEO and former Apple Vice President of the iPod Division, said Apple would be silly to get into the mobile handset marketplace:
We all know what's happened since – Apple dominates the smartphone market while Palm struggles. But you gotta give them something, don't you? So Palm, congratulations on finally crossing the thousand-app barrier. Give us a ring in 2024 when you pass the 25,000 app mark.Is there a toaster that also knows how to brew coffee? There is no such combined device, because it would not make anything better than an individual toaster or coffee machine. It works the same way with the iPod, the digital camera or mobile phone: it is important to have specialized devices.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync