App Giveaway: Emoti puts a face on your Facebook updates
It's not easy to make your Facebook updates stand out from the crowd; lots of text and not much visual stimulation may mean that your friends just pass right by the critical details of what you ate, saw, supported or enjoyed today. Giving those wall posts and status updates a bit of eye candy to make them zing isn't that hard (the Funmail app I reviewed a few months back can do it), but if you want to have your choice of 70+ emoticons to decorate your Wall, your best bet is probably the new Emoti app from nodconcept [$1.99, iTunes link].
Emoti couldn't be simpler to use; once you authenticate it with Facebook Connect, you can pick from the scrolling pages of icons to find the one that perfectly matches your message and mood. One tap, and you can begin writing your post, then send it up to the service with another. The app automatically downloads newly available artwork on launch, so you'll see supplements to the existing 74 images over time.
Maybe every single update doesn't deserve its own pictorial expression, but when you can't say it any other way, Emoti has what you need. Of course, TUAW also has what you need: five promo codes for Emoti to give away to our readers! Thanks to nodconcept for sharing.
Just leave a comment on the post telling us your most pithy Wall update, and you'll be entered in the giveaway. Read on for the rules.
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter leave a comment on this post letting us know your most pithy update to your Facebook Wall.
- The comment must be left before Tuesday, 1/19 at 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Five winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prizes: each winner will receive one promotional code for Emoti (ARV $1.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app