A tale of two iPhone sequels: Zenonia 2 and Raging Thunder 2
It looks like 2010 will be the year of the iPhone game sequels -- we first saw Zen Bound 2 the other day and now Touch Arcade has news of two more sequels to popular iPhone games. Zenonia 2 brings back one of the App Store's first RPGs, Zenonia [iTunes link], with a whole new adventure and four different classes, compared to the last game's three. Ranged attacks will also be possible, as well as new difficulty modes and even an asynchronous multiplayer mode. Sounds like fun -- the new version of the game is due out in March.
And from Polarbit comes Raging Thunder 2, another sequel to one of the first games to make a splash on the iPhone, even before the App Store. As you can see above, the sequel will have some shinier graphics, what looks like smoother gameplay, a bigger variety of powerups, and (we presume) the same accelerometer steering that made the iPhone platform such a hit for the genre out of the gate. No date for Raging Thunder 2 yet, but we'll keep our eyes out for it later this year.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements