Final Fantasy I and II coming to iPhone and iPod touch
Just announced at Square Enix's Facebook page: Final Fantasy I and II are coming to an App Store near you. The nearly 20-year-old games have been remastered and re-released a number of times, with versions appearing for just about every platform invented thus far, so it was only a matter of time before they made their way to the iPhone and iPod touch.
Release date and pricing are both TBA, and nothing official has been announced on Square Enix's official site as of yet, but in the meantime, they've posted screenshots, and they look quite excellent. With Final Fantasy XIII coming out for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in March, going all the way back to the long-running series' beginning on the iPhone sounds like a really fun way to pass the next couple of months.
Thanks to reader Paul M., Jr. for the tip!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support