Rumor: Apple to announce Verizon iPhone on the 27th
A tablet still might not be the only new hardware we see from Apple next week -- the rumor mill is still churning out news that the "one more thing" next week will be a brand new version of the iPhone, set up on the Verizon network. Obviously we've heard a lot about this one before, but this time it comes not from an anonymous source, but Canaccord Adams analyst Peter Misek, who says that not only will we see the new hardware as expected, but we'll have those nice red maps on it as soon as June of this year.
If you ask me, this is one too many rumors not to be true -- eventually, we'll see an iPhone on the Verizon network. But I'm hesitant to agree it'll be announced as early as next week. This is a big deal with a lot of tangles, and I doubt Apple wants to rush it out the door, especially with the much more likely tablet incoming. I do believe we'll see a new version of the iPhone, and it will be Verizon, but Apple's got time. I'm guessing we won't see an official announcement until later on this year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype