McGraw-Hill CEO: "The tablet is going to be just really terrific"
McGraw-Hill's CEO Terry McGraw is obviously very excited that he's been asked to work with Apple on a brand new type of computer, and he just couldn't wait another 24 hours to tell somebody -- he showed up on CNBC today to talk about his company's latest earnings, and he more or less spills the beans, saying that Apple will "make their announcement tomorrow," that the tablet will be "based on the iPhone operating system," and that it "will be transferable" (so anything on iTunes now will go straight on the tablet?).
He also says that they've got 95% of their materials up and ready to run as e-books, and it's not a stretch to think that Apple has made similar deals with other major publishers as well. This still isn't official confirmation of the tablet (remember, it's not real until Jobs is actually holding it on stage), but man, we're about as close as we can get at this point. Watch the whole video after the break, with the Apple stuff starting around the 2:50 mark.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved