Call of Duty: World at War Zombies, Rock Band get free versions
Two of the App Store's biggest hits last year have finally dropped free versions of their apps to try out. Of course, odds are probably slim that you haven't played or heard of these two yet, but just in case you were waiting to try them without paying, now is your chance.
First up, Call of Duty: World at War Zombies [iTunes link], which brought the undead to the WWII shooter, has a new lite version to play for free, which plays exactly like the $9.99 full version [iTunes link], but for only three rounds. Strangely enough, it's actually the exact same size download.
Rock Band made a splash when it debuted on the iPhone late last year [iTunes link] at $9.99. Since then, it's dropped to $6.99, but there is now a free demo available [iTunes link] that features only the Foo Fighters' "Learn to Fly." If you want to check out the controls, though, and perhaps see how they compare to the console versions, it's worth a download. We kind of like this precedent of releasing best-sellers for free after a delay, though there's probably still some tuning to do in just how much content is enabled in these trial versions.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)