iPad will ship with 802.11n Wi-Fi, 3G optional
What's also interesting is that the 3G model will run on the the UTMS/HSDPA 800, 1900, and 2100 MHz band with GSM/Edge running on the 850, 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz bands. This means that it will run on just about any provider out there. And the SIM comes completely unlocked, so even if you don't want in on Apples $14.99 for 250mb or $29.99 unlimited pay-as-you-go plan with AT&T, you can find your own 3G provider. Don't forget, though, that you'll be waiting for an extra month, as the 3G models are releasing in 90 days, not the 60 days expected for the Wi-Fi versions.
Also included is Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology which is right in line with their previous products.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature