TUAW at Big Nerd Ranch: cabin tour
More coverage of TUAW's inside look at developer boot camp. See below for notes & disclaimer.
This is a quick video I shot on Sunday. It's a quick tour of my cabin, just to show you what the lodging and amenities at the Big Nerd Ranch look like. Participants don't spend a lot of time in their rooms, as the class schedule makes for a long day, and is usually followed by some lab time spent working on projects and getting answers to additional questions. Meals are served in the main building, so you end up spending a lot more time with the group than you do in cliques or on your own. The food, by the way, has exceeded my expectations, and the cooks have cheerfully catered to my dietary preferences (a picky pescatarian with a penchant for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches).
Read on for the video of the cabin; I should have a video of the actual campus and some footage from our daily hike up soon, too!
In order to give our readers the first-hand account of what it's like to experience developer boot camp, Big Nerd Ranch has permitted Brett to attend complimentary classes and has provided transportation/lodging assistance. Other than those considerations, no sponsorship or advertising relationship exists between BNR and TUAW. This series is not an endorsement of BNR's programs or teaching methodology.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs