Xcode 101: Installing the 3.2 SDK alongside the 3.1.1 SDK
When given the option of where to install, click on the Developer folder to reveal the pop-up shown here to the right. To create a new folder/location choose "Other..." and use the standard file browser to create and select that location.
I personally use a named folder for all beta installs. My 3.2 beta is located in /Developer32 and I used the standard /Developer path for my 3.1.3 SDK update. Both SDKs coexist in peace with each other, although I did have to assign separate key macros (I'm a Quickeys addict) for normal Xcode and Interface Builder (in /Developer/Applications) and the beta versions of the same (in /Developer32/Applications for me). Having both SDKs available and separate will help you make sure you can test and code in both environments quickly and easily.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free