Xcode 101: Installing the 3.2 SDK alongside the 3.1.1 SDK
When given the option of where to install, click on the Developer folder to reveal the pop-up shown here to the right. To create a new folder/location choose "Other..." and use the standard file browser to create and select that location.
I personally use a named folder for all beta installs. My 3.2 beta is located in /Developer32 and I used the standard /Developer path for my 3.1.3 SDK update. Both SDKs coexist in peace with each other, although I did have to assign separate key macros (I'm a Quickeys addict) for normal Xcode and Interface Builder (in /Developer/Applications) and the beta versions of the same (in /Developer32/Applications for me). Having both SDKs available and separate will help you make sure you can test and code in both environments quickly and easily.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync