Want to argue about Global Warming? There's an app for that
Now, at least, you'll have some science to buttress your arguments. All you have to do is whip out your iPhone or iPod touch and tap a free app called Skeptical Science, and from there you can quickly navigate to the various arguments that are offered by the skeptics. 'It's the sun', or 'it's cooling', or 'there is no consensus.'
You tap on the argument, and up comes some scientific info along with links to more information, graphs, definitions and more. No matter what side you take on this subject, there is a lot of useful information. The app is updated on a regular basis to reflect new data as it's available.
Now the truth is, apps like this aren't likely to change minds. They reinforce your own beliefs, and the skeptics will just remain skeptics. They can drag out their own scientists and graphs and quotes, so nothing really gets settled.
On the other hand, this is a really good idea, and I learned some things reading the assembled material. The app is free, and worth a look if you spend a bit of time arguing about this subject. Actually, it would be nice to see apps dealing with other topics people argue about, like the death penalty, legalizing drugs, or UFOs. Now excuse me while I turn up the thermostat.
Here's a look at some of the screens the app offers:
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync