What will iPad magazine covers look like?
Jesse Rosten, a director in Northern California, asked himself what a magazine cover on the iPad should look like. He came up with the incredibly sweet Sunset Magazine mock up above. Jesse notes that until now, books and magazines have been traditionally portrait in orientation and film and TV has been landscape in orientation. He says with the iPad there's no longer a strict landscape limitation for video. "Maybe you want your vid to appear full screen in portrait mode? Maybe you need a long, tall video banner-ad on the side of a digital magazine page? I think we're going to start seeing a lot more vertically shot video soon," Jesse wrote on his website. Click on over to his site to see some more incredible vertical footage and to read about the setup he used to capture his images.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows