And so it begins... Seton Hill University to give all students an iPad
It didn't take too long. Seton Hill University in Greensburg, Pennsylvania has announced that starting in Fall, 2010, every full-time student will get an iPad as part of the Seton Hill Griffin (that's the school's mascot) Technology Advantage Program. According to TUAW reader Dirk, who tipped us to this announcement, "Students will be able to download their textbooks to their iPads from the iBook Store. In addition, iPads can be used as phones and for air and file sharing, as well as note-taking."
This isn't the only piece of Apple technology for Seton Hill students. In the fall, first year undergraduate students at this Catholic liberal arts university also receives a 13" MacBook to use. The school is a haven for Mac users; the IT department can do repairs on equipment and will even give students a loaner MacBook when their own units are in the shop.
It's almost enough to make me want to go back to college...
Thanks to Dirk for the tip!
We were talking about this the other day in the virtual "back room" at TUAW -- when would the first university announce that they were...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved