Have an iPad reservation? Your "pick up" email has arrived
This morning, Apple sent out emails to anyone who had reserved an iPad, basically telling us what we already knew -- the iPad will be waiting for us from 9 AM until 3 PM on Saturday at a specific Apple Store, that the reservation will be held only until 3 PM, and that after that time, it's up to you to fight in a to-the-death cage match for one. Well, it doesn't say the last thing, but it does say that sales will be "first-come, first-served basis while supplies last."
In case you have an extremely bad memory, Apple has thoughtfully provided a small reminder of what model of Wi-Fi iPad you reserved as well.
Note to reservees: be sure to print out your reservation email, laminate it, and carry it around until you actually pick up your iPad on Saturday. It will make you look like a true Apple fanboy.
Those of us who reserved our iPads for pickup at a nearby Apple Store have been reading about all of the UPS and FedEx shipping notices...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype