iFund doubles to $200 million, supporting Ngmoco, Booyah, and others on the iPad
The iFund has been one of the driving forces behind some of the biggest names in iPhone development, so it's not a surprise at all that the investors are expanding their money pool and oversight to include the iPad as well. They're opening up the funding to a full $200 million (double what the original iFund offered to iPhone companies), and they've already got a whole slate of apps lined up from big iPhone companies like Ngmoco, Booyah, and Shazam.
There will undoubtedly be a lot of successful apps on the iPad, but these are probably the biggest no brainers we'll see. It is important to note that these are all iPhone-specific companies. While there are lots of companies on the App Store that are doing iPhone as "just another platform" or have the iPhone as part of their overall strategy, the companies spotlighted by iFund all tend to be companies who are focusing on the iPhone (and now the iPad) as their business.
Just as the iFund likely paid off for their iPhone investments, odds are good that they'll see the same result on the iPad. We'll have to wait and see.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync