iFund doubles to $200 million, supporting Ngmoco, Booyah, and others on the iPad
The iFund has been one of the driving forces behind some of the biggest names in iPhone development, so it's not a surprise at all that the investors are expanding their money pool and oversight to include the iPad as well. They're opening up the funding to a full $200 million (double what the original iFund offered to iPhone companies), and they've already got a whole slate of apps lined up from big iPhone companies like Ngmoco, Booyah, and Shazam.
There will undoubtedly be a lot of successful apps on the iPad, but these are probably the biggest no brainers we'll see. It is important to note that these are all iPhone-specific companies. While there are lots of companies on the App Store that are doing iPhone as "just another platform" or have the iPhone as part of their overall strategy, the companies spotlighted by iFund all tend to be companies who are focusing on the iPhone (and now the iPad) as their business.
Just as the iFund likely paid off for their iPhone investments, odds are good that they'll see the same result on the iPad. We'll have to wait and see.
The iFund has been one of the driving forces behind some of the biggest names in iPhone development, so it's not a surprise at all that...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client