iPad app previews aplenty all across the Web
We're seeing tons and tons of news about iPad apps dropping now, and we're still a few days away from launch. In addition to our own coverage, here's a bunch of the other previews we've seen popping up around the community:
- This iVerse Comics app looks excellent, and it's one of the first universal binaries we've seen -- one purchase will get you the app on both your iPhone and your iPad. In-app purchase content will cross over as well.
- Flickr won't have an official app yet (as far as we know), but Flickr Photos will let you browse through Flickr on the iPad right away.
- Sonasaurus Rex is a looping/music app that will be available on day one.
- iTap will have a VNC client available for the iPad right away.
- Of course, no iPad will be complete with out the Star Trek-inspired IPADD app.
- The iPhone music app RJDJ is releasing both an iPad app and a Mac app to complement its handheld version.
- DashApp is designed to bring just a little bit of web multitasking to Apple's less-than-multitasking friendly device.
- Design Brief will help you collect information about new design clients (if you happen to be a designer, or just want random information about people) by using the iPad onsite.
- Dashboard App recreates Apple's Dashboard unofficially on the iPad.
- Globetrotters looks like a fun bit of party gaming. Can you imagine something like this becoming a killer app? Talk about revolutionary.
- We've seen private previews of the Box.net and Bento apps for iPad, and should be showing more in the next few days.
- And finally, even though I believe we'd heard about it before, Harbor Master for the iPad is officially confirmed as well.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter