First Look: Air Hockey for iPad
I started watching this video on YouTube and, within seconds, my son was almost magically drawn into my office, staring transfixed at the screen. "This is air hockey?" he asked. "Yes," I replied. "I want it," he said. "It looks fun." My enthusiasm is slightly more tempered, but I think that this is a brilliant choice for an iPad game.
I'm hoping that the game will properly use portrait mode for all uses, regardless of what the video looks like, and that there will be, both, two-player on one device, and the over-the-air Bluetooth support shown on the iTunes description page. For that matter, it would be great to be able to play against a fake opponent, although that is not listed as part of the product description.
According to Bryan Duke of Acceleroto, Air Hockey will sell for $0.99 on the iTunes Store. There's a free "Gold" version as well.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter