First Look: Air Hockey for iPad
I started watching this video on YouTube and, within seconds, my son was almost magically drawn into my office, staring transfixed at the screen. "This is air hockey?" he asked. "Yes," I replied. "I want it," he said. "It looks fun." My enthusiasm is slightly more tempered, but I think that this is a brilliant choice for an iPad game.
I'm hoping that the game will properly use portrait mode for all uses, regardless of what the video looks like, and that there will be, both, two-player on one device, and the over-the-air Bluetooth support shown on the iTunes description page. For that matter, it would be great to be able to play against a fake opponent, although that is not listed as part of the product description.
According to Bryan Duke of Acceleroto, Air Hockey will sell for $0.99 on the iTunes Store. There's a free "Gold" version as well.
I started watching this video on YouTube and, within seconds, my son was almost magically drawn into my office, staring transfixed at...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update