iPad devsugar: Moving beyond your 50 promo codes
iPadpalooza is in full swing. If you're like a lot of devs, you're quickly moving through (if not past) your 50 promo code limit per application version. If marketing now is important to you, don't forget that you can gift applications through iTunes. After all is said and done, this will cost you 30% of the price. Apple will return 70% of the cost back to you at the end of the month because you are basically buying from yourself while making sure that Apple gets its cut.
Gifting applications offers a reasonably cost effective way to expand your marketing beyond complimentary promo codes. Keep this option in mind as the iPad App Store gold rush gets underway.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync