Tons of iPad app releases on the App Store now
Embargoes on every app in the iPad's app store broke this morning, and there's almost too many new iPad apps to write about. But worry not, dear readers -- we've sifted through the flood of press releases in the inbox this morning, and we're here to bring you the brightest and best iPad app news we've heard so far.
- Board game maker Days of Wonder is releasing Small World, a virtual board game for the iPad, for just US$5.
- Telltale Games craftily dodged telling us about any development for the iPhone or the iPad at Macworld this year, but they've gone ahead and released the latest episode of Sam and Max on the platform anyway, as a $10 app.
- SugarSync has released a version of their remote data sharing app for free on the iPad.
- Diner Dash has gone "HD" with Diner Dash: Grilling Green, a new $5 version of the game "designed from the ground up exclusively for the iPad."
- See Here Studios has a 3D storybook called The Wrong Side of the Bed available for $2.99. You'll need red/cyan glasses, but you can actually order them (with free shipping in the US) inside the app itself.
- Chillingo has launched a lineup of fourteen different apps (which is probably the most we've seen from any single company so far) including Cogs HD, Minigore HD, and Sword of Fargoal Legends. Impressive launch lineup.
- Zen Bound 2 has finally arrived as an iPad app -- it features those revamped graphics for $7.99 on the new device.
- Freeverse has four different apps running, including Flick Fishing HD and their new game CastleCraft, a freemium MMO.
- Smule has released Magic Piano, a virtual piano/game/musical experience that's launching for $2.99.
- iDisplay ($4.99) pairs with a set of software on your Mac to add a little space to your desktop.
- TUAW favorite Hangman RSS has come to the iPad in the form of the $3.99 Hangman RSS HD.
- HandPaint is a free app that makes finger painting easy.
- DJDeckX allows you to spin your tunes for $9.99.
- Papers brings your entire research literature database right on to your iPad -- the app is now a universal binary for iPhone and iPad.
- Flipside5 has two apps out, Touch Tanks Online and Touch Hockey Extreme.
- Coffee Table Cocktails brings the ubiquitous mobile bartender's guide to the iPad. Someone had to do it, right?
- Citrix' GoToMeeting app allows you to hook up to their meeting system from wherever you are, so you can see presentation materials and documents while remotely meeting.
- Illusion Labs has released Labyrinth 2 HD for $7.99. This will be an interesting one to try out on the bigger screen. TouchGrind HD is also out, but it looks almost the same as the iPhone version.
- NPR has both released a free app and optimized their website for use by the iPad.
- Bodycal2 is a $2.99 health and fitness tracker for Apple's new tablet.
- Warships: Sea on Fire HD brings a little maritime strategy to the iPad for $2.99.
- PrintCentral has gone universal binary -- it allows you to control all of your printing straight from the iPad.
- Aphonium for the iPad is a "unique synthesis of musical and visual art" for $6.99.
- Oh right, the iPad has wallpapers. Granimator allows you to create some fun, sound-based wallpapers and share them as you like.
- StickIt for iPad brings sticky notes to the platform.
- Wings is a WWII fighter plane game that's now a universal binary for $2.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter