Square payment system launches on iPad
Originally developed and advertised as an iPhone app, Square hit shelves this morning as a fully-optimized iPad app. Now customers can install Square on their iPads, effectively turning them into flat black cash registers.
While we loved the preview of Square on the iPhone, it's another ball of wax on the iPad. The extra room and gorgeous UI make it look more professional, plus there's plenty of room for signatures, images and more. The "receipt" itself is much more legible. I can easily see this sitting on a dock or being carried around by a merchant.
The free app includes a dongle that plugs into the iPad's headphone jack, which means you can still use the app while the iPad is docked.
This speaks directly to what I said about the iPad yesterday: Its "killer app" is potential, the blank slate it offers to developers. For many customers, this app will be a game-changer.
The wait is over. The app that blew us away at Macworld Expo, Square, has finally launched...on the iPad. Originally developed and...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements