Poll: Why did you buy the iPad?
It's been a wild weekend with people lining up across the country to get the iPad. So many of you waited in line, forked out your cash, and went home and unboxed it. But, why did you buy it? Steve Jobs admits that the iPad is in a new device category all its own, and people are going to come to it for different reasons.
Personally, I'm getting my iPad solely for leisurely web browsing around the house and for reading magazines on (you can pry my printed books from my cold dead hands). But the iPad is so much more than just a reader, it seems there's a feature for every type of user. We at TUAW want to know what primary feature drove you to spend your cheddar on the iPad. Vote now!
|Reading ebooks (Kindle, iBookstore).||1204 (9.1%)|
|Reading magazines, newspapers, and comics (Time magazine, New York Times, Marvel Comics app, etc).||1192 (9.0%)|
|Watching movies and TV shows (iTunes rentals, Netflix app, ABC app, etc).||984 (7.4%)|
|Games, games, games!||333 (2.5%)|
|Leisurely web surfing and email.||4671 (35.2%)|
|Apps. Any kind. I'm addicted to apps!||1750 (13.2%)|
|Productivity (iWork suite, Bento, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, etc).||1919 (14.4%)|
|I needed a digital photo frame.||1228 (9.2%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service