Poll: Why did you buy the iPad?
It's been a wild weekend with people lining up across the country to get the iPad. So many of you waited in line, forked out your cash, and went home and unboxed it. But, why did you buy it? Steve Jobs admits that the iPad is in a new device category all its own, and people are going to come to it for different reasons.
Personally, I'm getting my iPad solely for leisurely web browsing around the house and for reading magazines on (you can pry my printed books from my cold dead hands). But the iPad is so much more than just a reader, it seems there's a feature for every type of user. We at TUAW want to know what primary feature drove you to spend your cheddar on the iPad. Vote now!
|Reading ebooks (Kindle, iBookstore).||1204 (9.1%)|
|Reading magazines, newspapers, and comics (Time magazine, New York Times, Marvel Comics app, etc).||1192 (9.0%)|
|Watching movies and TV shows (iTunes rentals, Netflix app, ABC app, etc).||984 (7.4%)|
|Games, games, games!||333 (2.5%)|
|Leisurely web surfing and email.||4671 (35.2%)|
|Apps. Any kind. I'm addicted to apps!||1750 (13.2%)|
|Productivity (iWork suite, Bento, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, etc).||1919 (14.4%)|
|I needed a digital photo frame.||1228 (9.2%)|
It's been a wild weekend with people lining up across the country to get the iPad. So many of you waited in line, forked out your cash,...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time